The use of olivine sand absolutely eliminates the risk of professional disease of molders which is called silicosis!
The use of olivine sand will improve the metallurgical properties of pellets of your production:
- Due to the high content Of MgO, olivine sand increases the resistance of the magnesium lining of industrial furnaces.
- Olivine sand minimizes the introduction of additional raw fluxes into the converter charge in iron-ore magnesia pellets, and it reduces heat losses.
- Olivine sand reduces the yield of converter slag by 2-3 times, compared with conventional acid iron-ore pellets.
- Olivine sand makes the slag more liquid and active; it helps to remove alkali and improves the desulphurization process.
- Olivine sand increases the solidity of iron-ore pellets.
- Olivine sand is not subjected to decomposition reaction on which a sufficient amount of energy is spent in contrast to the raw metallurgical dolomite.
- Olivine sand reduces the negative impact of bentonite clays in iron-ore magnesia pellets, so as the bentonite clays significantly increase the acidic environment and additionally add SiO2 and Na2O to pellets
- Compared with quartz sands olivine has a low and uniform thermal expansion. This allows for more stable and controlled dimensional accuracy.